Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Roasted Chickpea Snacks

I found these today, and thought they looked great, so I had to try them. Low and behold that the recipe called for onion powder. Turns out that I don't stock onion powder in my kitchen. I really should. I decided to try curry powder. Same result.

Chinese 5 spice powder worked great and they taste wonderful.



Roasted Chickpea Snacks

1 - 19.2 oz can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
1 1/2 tbsp of olive oil
1 1/2 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp chinese 5 spice powder
1/4 tsp salt

Preheat the oven to 400. Drain and rinse the chickpeas, then drain again and spread out onto a towel to dry.

Heat the oil in a frying pan over low heat. Add the garlic powder, chinese 5 spice powder, Worcestershire sauce and salt. Stir until fragrant. Turn off the heat, pour in the chickpeas, and stir gently with a rubber spatula until coated with the oil mixture.

Spread the chickpeas in a foil-lined rimmed baking pan and bake for 40 minutes, stirring the pan every ten minutes or so. When they’re done, they will be brown and crunchy.

Source: Adapted from http://bethanyactually.com

No comments:

Post a Comment