Sunday, July 5, 2009

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

Either you like raisins in cookie or you don't. If you do, you might like these. I like them, that's why they are here.

Let's start with what these aren't. These aren't a cookie that stays soft 4 days after making them. Hey, they may not even be soft the day after making them, but that's fine with me. I like a solid cookie that has some substance to it. These are that sort of cookie.

I've been making these since high school. In fact, I used to quadruple or quintuple the recipe I like them that much. They even taste good frozen, or zapped warm in the microwave.

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
1 cup margarine
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups old fashioned oats (I've used quick cooking as well, works fine)
1 cup raisins

Mix liquids, add dry, stir in raisins. Bake above centre of the oven at 375F for about 10 minutes.

Posted via email from Recipes from Wildunknown

No comments:

Post a Comment